Did you know that having a larger waist can lead to serious health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, and some cancers? Having belly fat is not only unflattering but can also be hazardous for your health. Due to this, many people want to learn how to burn belly fat and do it fast.
On the other hand, belly fat is the most stubborn fat, and it’s not easy to eliminate it. If you’re ready to battle the unwanted belly fat and get the abs of your dreams, the following ten exercises will be your best allies.
- Belly fat can cause serious health problems
- Belly fat is the most difficult fat to eliminate
- Regularly exercising can help you reduce abdominal fat and get your waist into perfect shape
In this article, we’ll cover the best belly fat-burning exercises to help you eliminate the accumulated fat in the abdominal area and the correct way to perform them.
Lying Leg Raises
This amazing belly fat-burning exercise targets the upper and lower abs, quads, and hamstrings.
How to Perform Lying Leg Raises?
- Lie down on the ground; we recommend using a mat for more comfort
- Put your thumbs under your hips with your palms on the floor
- Lift your feet off the floor a little, look up at the ceiling and engage your core
- Raise both legs to 90 degrees, and then slowly bring them back down
- Right before your legs touch the floor again, raise your legs again
- Don’t allow your legs to touch the floor
The burpee engages all muscles in the body, from head to toe. It’s especially great for reducing fat in the abdominal area.
How to Perform Burpee?
- Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart and your arms by your sides
- Lower your body into a squat position and place your hands on the floor
- Kick your legs back into the plank position
- Jump forward to returning to squad position
- Get back into the starting position
The kettlebell swing is excellent for burning calories and working on the muscles in your hips, glutes, and quads.
How to Perform KettleBell Swing?
- Grab a kettlebell with both hands at arm’s length down in front of you
- Bend at your hips
- Rock back slightly and move the kettlebell in between your legs
- Squeeze your glutes, thrust your hips forward forcefully and swing the kettlebell to shoulder height
The Russian twist will help you lose belly fat and shape your waist. It’s a great exercise for the upper and lowers abs.
How to Perform Russian Twist?
- Sit on a mat and lift both of your legs
- Lean back a little but keep your knees flexed; join your palms
- Twist your upper body to the right and then to the left
- Don’t hold your breath while doing the exercise
The plan is the greatest exercise for burning belly fat. It will help you shape your abdomen area but also strengthen your core, shoulders, and biceps.
How to Perform Plank?
- Kneel and place your elbows on the mat
- Extend your left leg back and then the right leg
- Your hips, back, and neck should be in the same line
- Keep your core engaged
- Hold the position for at least 30 seconds
The explosive movement incorporated in tuck jumps will help you burn calories fast while reducing belly fat.
How to Perform Tuck Jumps?
- Stand with your feet slightly less than shoulder-width apart
- Bend your knees like you’re getting in a squat position and then jump in the air, tucking your knees as closer to the chest
- Keep your back straight
- Land as softly as possible
The side plan will engage your abs, core, shoulders, biceps, and glutes.
How to Perform Side Plank?
- Get into a side half-lying pose on your left, with your right foot across the left foot and on the floor
- Place your elbow below your shoulder and your right hand on your waist
- Lift your pelvis off the floor while keeping your neck and head in line
- Open your right-hand side and hold the position for at least 30 seconds
- Lower your body and take a 10-second break; change sides and repeat
Another incredible exercise that targets the abs, hamstring, and quads is the jackknife crunch.
How to Perform Jackknife Crunch?
- Lie down and extend your hands over your head
- Lift your upper body while keeping your neck and back in the same line
- Lift both your feet off the floor simultaneously
- Try to touch your kneed with your hands
- Get back into starting position
Heel touch is a great exercise to help shape your upper abs.
How to Perform Heel Touch?
- Lie down with your legs flexed and feet wider than shoulder-width apart and flat
- Your hands should be y your sides, your shoulders relaxed, and your core engaged
- Bend sideways and touch your left heel with your left hand
- Bend towards the other side and touch the right heel with your right hand
- Don’t place your feet too close to your hips
Scissor kick is a great exercise for burning fat and toning your lower and upper abs, glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
How to Perform Scissor Kicks?
- Lie down with your palms placed under your hips
- Lift your upper back, head, and legs off the floor
- Lower your right leg, and just before it reaches the floor, lift it again and lower your left leg
Belly fat is the most stubborn fat to eliminate, but with a little effort, you can burn belly fat and have the perfect abs. If you do these ten exercises regularly, eat nutritional food and drink tons of water, the results will be inevitable, and you’ll soon see those abs that have been hiding underneath the fat.
Everyone can have a flat belly and nice abs; it just takes hard work and dedication!